Block Watch is a program of neighbours helping neighbours. The Block Watch Program is a FREE community-based crime prevention program administered by Oceanside Community Safety and Oceanside RCMP. Residents on a street or in a strata form a communication chain, aided by a block map of names, telephone numbers, and addresses. They make a commitment to watch out for each other’s homes, and report suspicious activities to the police and to each other. They also keep each other informed about neighbourhood occurrences, burglary, thefts, and other crimes or problems occurring on their street.
What does Block Watch provide?
- Captain and Co-Captain(s) training
- Resident Block Watch participant training
- One Block Watch street sign
- Block Watch window stickers
- Access to property engraving instruments
- Home security tips
- Vehicle security tips
- Personal safety tips
- Newsletters from Block Watch Society of BC
- An Oceanside RCMP Member and/or Oceanside Community Safety volunteer to attend first and annual Block Watch meeting(s).
How Can I Get Involved?
- Visit your local Oceanside Community Safety office, 100 Jensen Avenue East, Parksville or 660 Primrose Street, Qualicum Beach, during regular business hours or email BlockWatch@OceansideCSV.org.
- The Block Captain and Co-Captain(s) register to become Members of Oceanside Community Safety which involves getting a free police background check. Security checks are not required for other Block Watch members.