During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 211 complaints.
1) File 2019-1772: On February 26th, a resident reported damage to a mail box located in the 200 block of Polegate Road, Qualicum Beach. Access was not gained with damage reported to Canada Post.
2) File 2019-1773: On February 26th, Oceanside RCMP responded to a theft from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Hamilton Avenue, Parksville. A few dollars in change was the only thing apparently stolen.
3) File 2019-1778: Oceanside RCMP received a complaint on February 26th of three unlocked vehicles that had been rummaged through in the 700 block of Boultbee Drive, Parksville. Nothing was reported stolen.
4) File 2019-1785: On February 26th, an unlocked vehicle was in the 100 block of Cooper Place, Parksville, was rummaged through overnight. There was nothing reportedly stolen.
5) File 2019-1806: On February 26th, it was reported a locked barn in the 1600 block of Errington Road, Errington, was broken into. A Makita air compressor, moving dolly and a bike rack were reported stolen.
6) File 2019-1811: On February 27th, Oceanside RCMP received a complaint that three vehicles in the 800 block of Marsh Place, Parksville, were broken into the previous night. There was nothing apparently stolen nor damaged.
7) File 2019-1812: On February 27th, it was reported an unlocked vehicle in the 1000 block of Stahley Place, Parksville, was entered. A small Buck brand knife (model 110) was reported stolen.
8) File 2019-1813: On February 27th a resident reported that two nights prior someone had rummaged through an unlocked vehicle in the 700 block of Avon Place, Qualicum Beach. Appears only a sunglass clip was taken at the time of the report.
9) File 2019-1814: On February 27th a member of the public advised that a local bank advised that someone deposited an empty envelope in a bank machine then withdrew funds from their account. The complainant advised that they did lose their wallet some time ago but did not report it to police.
10) File 2019-1821: On February 27th an RCMP Officer on patrol observed a male cutting a wire off of a power pole at the corner of the Alberni Highway and Lee Road, Parksville. The male was apprehended and found to be in violation of a court order. The male was arrested for Mischief and Fail to Comply with Probation.
11) File 2019-1828: On February 27th a resident reported a theft from an unlocked motor vehicle in the 100 block of Butler Avenue, Parksville. It appears only lose change and some clothing was removed.
12) File 2019-1867: On February 28th, Oceanside RCMP conducted a traffic stop on Highway 19A and Martindale Road, Parksville. The driver was issued a ticket for Operation w/Cannabis in Vehicle, a secondary violation ticket for another offence, and seizure of cannabis. Driver understood that they are responsible for substances in their vehicle.
13) File 2019-1871: On March 1st, a resident reported to Oceanside RCMP that their unlocked vehicle was rummaged through overnight in the 100 block of Moss Avenue, Parksville. Nothing was damaged and only old cigarette butts were reported missing.
14) File 2019-1885: On March 1st a resident in the 2300 block of Nanoose Road, Nanoose Bay, reported that the back plate with decal were removed from his vehicle. Please phone police if you see BC plate MW 8754.
15) File 2019-1894: On March 1st a 9-1-1 call was forwarded to Oceanside RCMP from a resident wishing police to attend regarding their internet being cut off. Police attended and informed the resident who appeared intoxicated that 9-1-1 was for emergencies only. The resident called 9-1-1 a number of times more before police returned and advised the resident they would be charged with “Public Mischief” if they did not desist at which time the resident complied.
16) File 2019-1912: On March 2nd a motorist reported the loss of their motorcycle license plate in the 2400 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs. Please contact Oceanside RCMP if you see BC motorcycle plate Y50369.
17) File 2019-1922: On March 2nd, RCMP received a complaint of an abandoned vehicle stopped in the travel portion of the highway. Police were unable to contact the owner with the result the vehicle was towed. Leaving a vehicle parked in the travel portion of a highway is an offence of the Motor Vehicle Act and the tow is the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle.
18) File 2019-1927: On March 3rd a business in the 3300 block of Fyfe Road, Coombs, had its commercial alarm tripped by one or more intruders. Entry appears to have been made via the window with the use of a ladder. The only thing reported missing was a cash box containing money. The investigation is continuing.
19) File 2019-1930: On March 3rd, RCMP received a report that change was stolen from an unlocked vehicle located on Moss Street, Parksville. The vehicle had only been left open for a few hours.
20) File 2019-1941: Police were called to the 300 block of Young Street, Parksville, for a report of theft from an unlocked vehicle on March 3rd. A purse and contents were stolen including a driver’s license and other personal documents.
21) File 2019-1949: On March 4th, a report was received that a vehicle had been entered in the 100 block of Finholm Street North, Parksville. The door was found open but nothing appeared to be missing.
22) File 2019-1951: On March 4th, RCMP received a report of a theft from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Larkspur Place, Parksville. Missing was a black leather backpack containing a wallet.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:40 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers.