1) File 2018-13343: A reported break and enter to a business located at 1300 block Island Hwy West, Parksville, on December 2. A business cube van was stolen. There were 8 machetes, 7 BBQ's and 1 fire pit stolen from various buildings along with the delivery truck and two 20 lb propane bottles. The vehicle has been recovered and forensic evidence is being processed.
2) File 2018-13347: On December 2 a female attempted to break into a residence in the 1700 block Ballenas Road, Nanoose Bay, via a back yard window. The home owner saw the female through the window and gave a description of her as: 5’7”, petite build, dark mid length hair wearing a dark thigh length jacket and white beret.
3) File 2018-13453: On December 5, police received a reported break in to a shed located in the 200 block of Corfield Street, Parksville. The lock was bypassed by cutting the whole clasp off. Atable top portable propane heater was stolen.
4) File 2018-13459: On December 5, RCMP were dispatched to the 400 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville, for an intoxicated female who was swearing and causing a disturbance. The person was arrested for causing a disturbance and was lodged into cells until sober.
5) File 2018-13500: On December 6, police arrested 49 year old Reiner Niederhumer on Smithers Road on an arrest warrant for Trafficking in a Controlled Substance. Upon being searched he was found to be in possession of additional controlled substances which were believed to be heroin and fentanyl and additional charges have been recommended.
6) File 2018-13502: On December 6, the RCMP received a complaint from an employee that their washrooms had been vandalized over the past 7 days in the 200 block of Riverbend Rd, Qualicum Beach. Vandals had taken off all the shower heads, flooded the washrooms and spread feces everywhere.
7) File 2018-13510: On December 6, an RCMP Municipal Traffic Officer was conducting speed enforcement on Grafton Ave at Tyler Road in Errington. A vehicle was observed on radar traveling 100 km/h in the 60 km/h speed zone. After the vehicle was stopped it was determined that the licence plates were inactive and the driver was confirmed to be a Prohibited Driver under the MVA.
8) File 2018-13551: In December 8 at 4:08 a.m. multiple alarm hits to the front door and front motion detectors were activated at a business located in the 1300 block of Alberni Hwy. Entry was gained by smashing the front glass door. Video surveillance showed a Caucasian male wearing grey pants, a yellow jacket and a navy blue balaclava carrying a green plastic garbage bag. Approximately $100 worth of candy was stolen.
9) File 2018-13564: Oceanside RCMP received a complaint that a grey Schwinn Electric bike was stolen from Top Bridge at the end of Allsbrook Rd, Parksville, on December 9th. The owner had gone for a hike and when they returned the bike was gone. The bike was recovered a few hours later after it was found abandoned in the Little Mountain area.
10) File 2018-13592: On December 9, Oceanside RCMP received a report of theft of propane tanks from outside of a business in the 200 block of Island Hwy E, Parksville. The employee advised the lock was cut off of the storage cage outside the store and 12 propane tanks were taken.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:40 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers.