During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 196 complaints.
1) File 2019-1330: On February 11th, RCMP received a report of a theft of a 2XL black coat, pair of black leather gloves, black toque, prescription glasses and car keys from a building in the 100 block of Hirst Avenue West in Parksville.
2) File 2019-1370: On February 12th, a resident reported to police that they answered an online ad to rent an apartment in Vancouver and sent a deposit vie e-transfer. This ad appears to have been a scam.
3) File 2019-1407: On February 13th, a resident advised they contacted the Apple Support help line, which they located online, due to issues with an Apple account. The individual requested payment in $100 Google Pay Cards. The resident paid but later realized it was a scam.
4) File 2019-1409: On February 13th, the manager of a business in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, reported a female shoplifter. Store staff were able to retrieve the merchandise as the suspect fled but RCMP were able to identify suspect from store video. Efforts to locate and arrest the female are ongoing.
5) File 2019-1418: On February 14th, Oceanside RCMP received a call that a business alarm went off in the 2400 block of Collins Crescent, Nanoose Bay. Upon attendance a break in was confirmed. Video surveillance identified a suspect stealing bottles of vodka and a six pack of coolers. The investigation is continuing.
6) File 2019-1456: On February 15th, a theft from motor vehicle in the 200 block of Hirst Avenue West, Parksville, was reported. Items stolen included a first aid kit, bungee cords, binders and pens.
7) File 2019-1467: On February 15th, a resident reported damage to their vehicle after returning to their residence. There were two scratches on the door, a dent in the grill, a broken mirror and both headlights were smashed out.
8) File 2019-1477: On February 16th, a resident called to report a generator was stolen from a friend’s residence. The item was located at a reseller by the original owner. Police have been able to identify two suspects and the investigation is ongoing.
9) File 2019-1502: On February 17th, a resident reported the theft of two sets of summer tires and rims from a property in the 100 block of Sylvan Crescent, Parksville. The tires were: 195/60/15 (Westlake) and 215/50/17 (Unknown Brand).
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:40 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers.