During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 247 complaints.
1) File 2019-1518: On February 18th, Oceanside RCMP was called to a residence in the 1000 block of Yellowbrick Road, Parksville, with a report on an intoxicated male at the front door. Police found and escorted the inebriated male to their residence a block away to be cared for by a sober adult.
2) File 2019-1519: On February 18th, Police received a report of a stolen car from Claymore Road West, Qualicum Beach. The vehicle was located less than four hours later with significant damage. The investigation is ongoing.
3) File 2019-1524: On February 18th, Oceanside RCMP received a report that a vehicle located in the 200 block of Moilliet Street South, Parksville, had been rifled through. Nothing appeared to be taken but police are reminding residents to lock their vehicles and keep valuables out of sight.
4) File 2019-1527: Again on February 18th, an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Moss Avenue, Parksville, was entered where loose change and a green 4” Mora Knife in a plastic sheath were stolen. To avoid becoming the victim of theft, residents are reminded to keep their vehicles locked.
5) File 2019-1555: On February 19th, a business was broken into in the 1900 block of Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose Bay, by breaking the front door window. The cash register was taken and some material was scattered on the floor. The investigation is continuing.
6) File 2019-1569: On February 19th, a resident in the 200 block of Jimmy Road, Qualicum Beach, reported the theft of tail lights from their vehicle. Area residents are asked to be aware of suspicious activity and to call police immediately.
7) File 2019-1570: On February 19th, a complaint received by RCMP that gas had been siphoned from a vehicle fuel tank on Fairdowne Road and Taylor Road, Parksville.
8) File 2019-1601: On February 20th a break and enter in the 2900 block of Bay Road, Horne Lake was reported. Entry was via a basement door. A Honda 100 and two surf boards were stolen.
9) File 2019-1653: On February 22nd a report was received that a vehicle was entered overnight in the 300 block of Park View Avenue, Parksville. A Milwaukee M18 impact drill was stolen.
10) File 2019-1663: On February 22nd, two females were reported to have stolen a jacket from a business in the 100 block of Morrison Avenue, Parksville. Employees of the business were able to point out the females as they exited another business when police arrived. Police arrested one suspect with charges pending. The stolen jacket was recovered and returned to the business.
11) File 2019-1689: On February 23rd, RCMP were called to a business in the 100 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville, for a patron who was intoxicated and arguing with people. The male was arrested and lodged in police cells overnight.
12) File 2019-1695: On February 23rd, a business in the 100 block of Memorial Drive in Qualicum Beach reported that a surveillance camera was stolen.
13) File 2019-1710: On February 23rd, Police were called to a business in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, to investigate theft of materials observed by staff. RCMP arrived and arrested two subjects. Due to the nature of the theft both parties were referred to the Arrowsmith Restorative Justice Program.
14) File 2019-1720: On February 24th, Police received a report of mischief to a vehicle in the 600 block of Digby Avenue, Parksville. The unlocked vehicle was rummaged through but nothing appeared to have been taken.
15) File 2019-1721: Again on February 24th, Police were called to a report of mischief to two vehicles in the 300 block of Peacock Street, Parksville. Both unlocked vehicles were rummaged through however nothing was stolen.
16) File 2019-1725: On February 24th a resident called to report a theft from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Corfield Street North, Parksville. The owner reported that a Rockwell Sonicrafter F30 model reciprocating saw had been taken.
17) File 2019-1747: On February 25th it was reported that between December and February a 2004 green, white and black Kawasaki KX200 dirt bike was stolen from a locked storage garage in the 2900 block of Bay Road, Horne Lake.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:40 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers.