During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 195 complaints.
1) File 2020-349: A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 3100 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum, on January 12th. Papers were reportedly stolen.
2) File 2020-356: Random tools and gas were reported stolen from a shed in the 100 block of Bay Road, Horne Lake, on January 12th.
3) File 2020-357: RCMP was dispatched to Bennett Road and Island Highway West due to traffic lights being out on January 12th. Motorists are reminded that when traffic control lights are not operating it is to be treated as a four way stop.
4) File 2020-373: A residential break-and-enter was reported in the 300 block of Morison Avenue, Parksville, on December 13th. RCMP arrested a suspect found on the site.
5) File 2020-387: A cell phone charger was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 3800 block of Melrose Road, Qualicum Beach, on January 13th.
6) File 2020-389: A Haro brand bike that was found in bushes near Wembley Road and Crystal Court, Parksville, was brought to the RCMP Detachment on January 13th. Please contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
7) File 2020-407: A storage unit break-and-enter was reported in the 1800 block of Meadowood Way, Qualicum Beach, on January 14th.
8) File 2020-409: A vehicle was reported vandalized with spray paint in the 1600 block of Stroulger Road, Nanoose Bay, on January 14th.
9) File 2020-421: Keys, an iPod and Oakley sunglasses were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 700 block of Nanoose Avenue, Parksville, on January 14th.
10) File 2020-441: Two municipal work vehicles were reported to have had their fuel tanks punctured in the 700 block of Jones Street, Qualicum Beach, on January 15th. RCMP was supplied video surveillance of the incident.
11) File 2020-442: Three vehicles belonging to a local charity had locks cut and merchandise reported stolen in the 200 block of Hirst Avenue West, Parksville, on January 15th.
12) File 2020-450: A resident’s call from the 800 block of Wembley Road, Parksville, to RCMP resulted in the recovery of a stolen vehicle from Nanaimo on January 15th.
13) File 2020-454: A vehicle was vandalized with new bedding and a first aid kit being reported stolen in the 1800 block of Schafers Road, Coombs, on January 15th.
14) File 2020-457: A vehicle prowler was reported in the 700 block of Camas Way, Parksville, on January 15. Nothing was reported missing as the vehicle was locked.
15) File 2020-471: Possible theft of mail from a public mailbox was reported in the 200 block of Buller Road, Qualicum Beach, on January 16th. RCMP reminds residents to empty their mailboxes daily.
16) File 2020-483: Possible theft of mail from a public mailbox was reported near Cochran Road, Qualicum Beach, on January 16th. RCMP reminds residents to empty their mailboxes daily.
17) File 2020-484: A snow shovel valued at $40 was reported stolen in the 300 block of Sutherland Place, Parksville, on January 16th.
18) File 2020-492: A vehicle was reported damaged and rummaged through in the 600 block of Ermineskin Avenue, Parksville, on January 16th.
19) File 2020-504: Two pairs of sunglasses, binoculars and a magnifying glass were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 300 block of Sutherland Place, Parksville, on January 17th
Please phone 9-1-1- If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7