During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 280 complaints.
1) File 2019-5922: A resident reported a group of youth were knocking on doors and running away in the 1100 block of Ormonde Road, Qualicum Beach, on June 9th. Responding RCMP were able to detain and identify two of the subjects.
2) File 2019-5926: A green utility trailer with plywood sides, BC plate UPN85T, was reported stolen from a property in the 1100 block of Lee Road East, Parksville, on June 9th.
3) File 2019-5928: A resident in the 1500 block of Broadlands Road, Errington, reported a trailer plate, BC WGA75F, was stolen on June 9th.
4) File 2019-5954: An unlocked vehicle in the 1400 block of Reef Rd, Nanoose Bay, was reported rummaged through on June 10th. Nothing was reported stolen.
5) File 2019-5956: An unlocked vehicle in the 800 block of Woodside Drive, Qualicum Beach, was reported vandalized on June 10th. There was damage to the driver’s side door.
6) File 2019-5962: A resident turning in a black/brown backpack with belongings to the Oceanside RCMP on June 10th. Police were able to identify as a bag stolen from a resident living in Nanaimo and returned to owner.
7) File 2019-5982: A business in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, reported that two counterfeit Canadian $100 bills had been received via a counter transaction. Police have recovered video surveillance showing the male perpetrator.
8) File 2019-5988: An unlocked vehicle in the 1200 block of Marina Way, Nanoose Bay, was reported rifled through on June 10th. Nothing was reported stolen.
9) File 2019-5998: Reported on June 10th that unlocked vehicle in the 3300 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach, had cash and an estimated $60 seat warmer stolen.
10) File 2019-6004: An unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Maple Crescent, Parksville, was reported rummaged through on June 11th. Nothing of value was reported missing.
11) File 2019-6006: An estimated value of $4,000 of merchandise was reported stolen from a business in the 900 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on June 11th. RCMP recovered metal window bars and a portable air conditioner with cash, cigarettes, lighters and lottery tickets still missing.
12) File 2019-6007: A resident in the 400 block of Quatsino Road, Qualicum Beach, reported fuel was siphoned from a vehicle on June 11th.
13) File 2019-6008: A pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses valued at $200 was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1300 block of Reef Road, Nanoose Bay, on June 11th.
14) File 2019-6010: Loose change and an address book were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 400 block of Hirst Avenue West, Parksville, on June 11th.
15) File 2019-6011: A resident in Bowser called to advise of a scammer pretending to be from BC Hydro threatening to disconnect power. The citizen gave their credit card number but the scammer said it did not go through and they would have to provide iTunes cards exposing the ruse.
16) File 2019-6045: An unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Hamilton Avenue, Parksville, was reported rummaged through on June 12th. Nothing was reported stolen but a baseball cap was left behind.
17) File 2019-6046: A business employee in the 100 block of Craig Street, Parksville, reported an attempted break and enter on June 12th. There was damage to a rear door.
18) File 2019-6048: A resident turned in a green/blue Plano soft tackle box on June 12th. Call RCMP non-emergency number 250-248-6111 if this might be yours.
19) File 2019-6078: An unlocked vehicle in the 500 block of Viking Way, Parksville, was reported rummaged through on June 13th. Nothing was damaged or reported taken.
20) File 2019-6080: RCMP were called by the Town of Qualicum Beach to a wooded area on Rupert Road and Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach, due to the discovery of needles and a used fire pit.
21) File 2019-6076: Mischief was reported to have occurred at the Qualicum Falls Provincial Park on June 13th. Extensive damage to a Park Gator, yellow entrance gate and a section of fencing was ripped down as well damage to signs. Anyone with information is asked to contact Oceanside RCMP or phone Crime Stoppers.
22) File 2019-6110: A resident in the 600 block of Turner Road, Parksville, reported a portable propane torch, one hand-held mini torch and a tomahawk axe (United Cutlery M48 Hawk) was stolen from a storage structure on June 13th.
23) File 2019-6122: Two hanging flower baskets were reported stolen from a property in the 800 block of Esslinger Road, Parksville, on June 13th.
24) File 2019-6123: A Sachs-Dolmar PS5100S chainsaw, a five gallon fuel tank, an iPod, iPod Doc, Bose Wave music system, and a multi CD players were reported stolen from an unlocked garage in the 2800 block of Ashcroft Road, Nanoose Bay, on June 14th.
25) File 2019-6132: A serious satellite radio valued at $75 and change was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 2800 block of Ashcroft Road, Nanoose Bay, on June 14th.
26) File 2019-6143: A driver reported a rear BC plate, PK678, was stolen from a vehicle in Parksville, on June 14th.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers @ 1-800-222-8477.