During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 202 complaints
(1) File 2019-2191: On March 11, an unlocked vehicle was rummaged through while parked in a driveway in the 500 block of Doehle Avenue, Parksville. Nothing was reported damaged or stolen.
(2) File 2019-2195: On March 11, a shoplifter was identified at a business in the 700 block of Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach. The thief grabbed some deli and bakery items, placed in a plastic bag and left the store without paying. The thief returned again, was recognized by staff and was arrested by Police.
(3) File 2019-2194: On March 11, a resident reported their unlocked vehicle was rummaged through in the 200 block of Hickey Avenue, Parksville. Some coins and old sunglasses were the only items reported missing.
(4) File 2019-2199: On March 11, a motorist in the 1000 block of Osprey Way, Parksville, reported the theft of the BC license plate validity decal number 14790809. Please report to police if you see this validity sticker on a license plate.
(5) File 2019-2222: On March 12, a caretaker for a building in the 300 block of Morrison Avenue, Parksville reported that a chain to a cage near the lower floor parking was cut. It did not appear that anything was taken.
(6) File 2019-2225: On March 12, RCMP were called to a reported theft of a wallet from the glove box from an unlocked vehicle in the 300 block of McKillop Drive, Parksville.
(7) File 2019-2227: On March 12, an RCMP Officer on rural patrol came across a parked vehicle with the driver’s side window smashed out in the 100 block of Hilliers Road, Qualicum Beach. The vehicle had been rummaged through, ignition damaged and the rear license plate was damaged. Incident is still under investigation.
(8) File 2019-2259: On March 13, a resident in the 100 block of Meridian Way, Parksville, reported mischief to a vehicle parked overnight. The door was reportedly locked but it was noted that the windows were left partially down. The glove compartment was left open but nothing was reported missing.
(9) File 2019-2262: Again on March 13, in the same 100 block of Meridian Way, Parksville, an unlocked vehicle had the glove box rummaged through. Again, nothing was reportedly stolen.
(10) File 2019-2267: On March 13, the RCMP responded to a theft of antique furniture from a residence in the 100 block of Cortes Road, Qualicum Beach. A renter was evicted for renting rooms on Air B&B and subsequently removing belongings of the owners upon leaving. The investigation is still ongoing.
(11) File 2019-2291: On March 14, a business in the 200 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, reported two suspects attempted to break into their store and damage the outside lock. Entry was not made as the subjects were scared off by headlights of a vehicle entering the parking lot. File still under investigation using video surveillance footage.
(12) File 2019-2316: On March 14, a resident reported that a home in the 1100 block of Ruffels Road, Parksville, was broken into by prying open the rear door. Items stolen included money from the children’s piggy banks, an opal gold band ring and gold band ring with a blue stone.
(13) File 2019-2333: Oceanside RCMP received a complaint on March 15 from a business in the 1000 block of Allsbrook Road, Parksville, that someone had cut a hole in the rear fence and entered the secure compound. Nothing was reportedly stolen however police did recover a bag of tools found in the nearby bushes containing a router with various wrenches and spare parts.
(14) File 2019-2356: A resident reported on March 15 that a red Polaris ATV was stolen from a property on Church Road, Parksville.
(15) File 2019-2373: On March 16 a theft was reported from an unlocked motor vehicle in the 100 block of Magnolia Drive, Parksville. Binoculars described as Bushnell Custom Compact, 6x25 magnification, serial number 17163 were stolen.
(16) File 2019-2376: On March 16, a resident in the 300 block of Moilliet Street, Parksville, said a male came to their door enquiring about a house for rent that was found on-line. Appears a third party used on-line pictures to set up a scam. Resident went on line to the link and indeed found the listing. The resident was advised to contact the web site provider as well contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
(17) File 2019-2391: On March 17, RCMP Members responded to an alarm at a business in the 1500 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs. Entry to the yard was made via cutting a hole in the back fence. Once inside the yard, a back emergency exit was used to gain entry to an office. A number of clues remained as well as video surveillance to assist with the ongoing investigation.
(18) File 2019-2392: On March 17, it was reported that overnight a break and enter occurred to a business in the 800 block of Island Highway West, Parksville. There was extensive damage to the office and storage areas with cigarettes being targeted. A lone suspect is being sought.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:40 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers.