During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 240 complaints.
1) File 2020-2090: A business break-and-enter was reported in the 1100 block of Franklins Gull Way, Parksville, on March 8th. Some items reported stolen were three Makita 18v Cordless impact/Hammer Drill Combo Kit, King 2000w Inverter Generator and Makita LXT 12” chainsaw.
2) File 2020-2093: Reported that thieves attempted to steal fuel from vehicles in the 1300 block of Winchester Road, Coombs, on March 8th.
3) File 2020-2122: Four vehicles were reported to have had $5,000 damage to them located in the 600 block of Allsbrook Road, Parksville, on March 9th. Appears catalytic converters and /or fuel were the targets for the damage.
4) File 2020-2124: Change was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Bagshaw Street, Parksville, on March 9th.
5) File 2020-2125: A resident mistakenly gave out personal banking information to an unsolicited phone call claiming to be from Service Canada. The Government of Canada will not phone asking for banking information.
6) File 2020-2127: A resident responded to an email advising they won the lottery and needed to provide banking information. Money was fraudulently withdrawn on two separate occasions.
7) File 2020-2129: A BC license plate PM578P was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 800 block of Lakes Boulevard, Parksville, on March 9th.
8) File 2020-2154: A resident break-and-enter was reported in the 800 block of Tribune Place, Qualicum Beach, on March 10th. Entry was gained through an unlocked garage man door however nothing was reported stolen.
9) File 2020-2163: A Lenovo laptop valued at $1,500 was reported stolen from a business in the 700 block of Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach, on March 10th.
10) File 2020-2189: A black Rocky Mountain Cardiac bike was reported stolen in the 100 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville, on March 11th.
11) File 2020-2191: A vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 700 block of Erminskin Avenue, Parksville, on March 11th. Nothing was reported taken nor was there any damage.
12) File 2020-2223: A Milwaukee impact drill with battery was reported stolen from a locked vehicle in the 1000 block of Resort Drive, Parksville, on March 12th.
13) File 2020-2227: An Omen laptop valued at $3,000 and a debit card were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 200 block of Corfield Street South, Parksville, on March 12th.
14) File 2020-2244: A vehicle was rummaged through in the 200 block of Hirst Street West, Parksville, on March 12th.
15) File 2020-2247: An HP laptop was reported stolen from a property in the 300 block of Palm Drive, Qualicum Beach, on March 12th.
16) File 2020-2249: A 1993 Chevrolet G20 Commercial Van, BC plate MR3260, was reported stolen from a work site in Parksville, on March 12th.
17) File 2020-2254: An observant RCMP officer was able to apprehend and charge a suspect with mischief under $5,000 for spraying graffiti on a cable/electrical distribution box in the area of Hirst Avenue West and Pym Street South, Parksville, on March 13th.
18) File 2020-2310: A vehicle was reported stolen in the 300 block of Moilliet Street South Parksville, on March 14th, and recovered later that day in Port Alberni.
19) File 2020-2315: A cell phone and change were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 400 block of Quatsino Road, Qualicum Beach, on March 14th. The RCMP was provided a video of the thief.
Please phone 9-1-1- If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours, phone 250-248-6111 extension 7.