During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 309 complaints. There were 29 reports of theft from motor vehicles for the week.
1) File 2019-4408: An unlocked vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 1300 block of Marina Way, Nanoose Bay, on May 5th. Nothing was reported stolen.
2) File 2019-4410: On May 5th while attending another call RCMP were alerted to a break and enter in the 1300 block of Marina Way, Nanoose Bay. Nothing was reported missing from the residence.
3) File 2019-4412: Golf clubs and sunglasses were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 3400 block of Redden Road, Nanoose Bay, on May 5th.
4) File 2019-4417: Both BC license plates HF665S was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1900 block of Grafton Avenue, Errington, on May 5th.
5) File 2019-44221: One BC license plate, a bottle of wine, a purse, granola bars and a piñata was reported stolen from a vehicle in 1400 block of Marina Way, Nanoose Bay, on May 5th.
6) File 2019-4432: On May 6th RCMP responded to an alert from a utility company of a compound being entered in on Cochrane Road, Qualicum Beach. RCMP apprehended two people for break and enter along with a stack of copper wire as well as drug paraphernalia.
7) File 2019-4444: An unlocked vehicle was rummaged through in the 1300 block of Marina Way, Nanoose Bay, as reported on May 6th. No damage to vehicle and nothing reported missing.
8) File 2019-4447: An employee from a business in the 1100 block of Industrial Way, Parksville, reported on May 6th someone had drilled a hole in the fuel tank of a company vehicle. It was estimated that $40 of fuel was stolen and there was approximately $1,000 of damage to the vehicle.
9) File 2019-4451: An unknown amount of fuel was stolen from a fuel storage tank in the 900 block of Chatsworth Road, Qualicum Beach, on May 6th.
10) File 2019-4459: On May 6th a vehicle was taken without consent from the 200 block of Hirst Avenue West, Parksville.
11) File 2019-4468: A black CD case containing 15 music CDs were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Sylvan Crescent, Parksville, on May 6th.
12) File 2019-4476: A cell phone and loose change was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2700 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach, on May 6th, in the daytime. A vehicle window was rolled down at the time.
13) File 2019-4483: The yard of a business in the 1300 block of Springhill Road, Parksville, was entered on May 7th. Police arrested two individuals who had on their possession flares, a fan and other materials.
14) File 2019-4488: On May 4th an older model iPhone was stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 400 block of Chester Road, Qualicum Beach, as reported on May 9th.
15) File 2019-4490: Reported on May 7th that the driver side window was smashed and an estimated $300 worth of tools in an 18” x 18” tool box was stolen from a vehicle in the 2700 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach.
16) File 2019-4501: The rear license plate was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1100 block of Fairdowne road, Parksville, on May 7th.
17) File 2019-4532: Overnight a wallet was reported stolen overnight from a vehicle in the 500 block of Castle Way, Parksville, on May 8th.
18) File 2019-4526: A rock was thrown through a window of a business in the 100 block of Craig Street, Parksville, on May 8th.
19) File 2019-4543: Theft of fuel from two work vehicles was reported on May 8th in the 4100 block of Alberni Highway, Qualicum Beach. The cost to repair the fuel tanks is estimated at $5,000.
20) File 2019-4546: An unlocked vehicle in the 700 block of Soriel Road, Parksville, on May 8th, was reported rummaged through with insurance papers removed.
21) File 2019-4548: A wallet contained credit cards was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 900 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on May 8th. No damage to vehicle.
22) File 2019-4577: An unlocked vehicle was rummaged through in the 100 block of Magnolia Drive, Parksville as reported on May 8th. Nothing appeared to be missing.
23) File 2019-4586: An attempted break and enter into a business in the 1400 block of Huntley Road, Nanoose Bay, was reported on May 9th. Two individuals entered through a back gate onto the property and attempted to kick in the back door but were unsuccessful and set off the alarm.
24) File 2019-4587: On May 9th a report was received of a break and enter of a business in the 2400 block of Apollo Drive, Nanoose Bay. Entry was made through a window and petty cash was taken.
25) File 2019-4624: On May 10th a business employee in the 900 block of Errington Road, Errington, reported the theft of a large fish cooler from outside the business by an unknown male.
26) File 2019-4626: A vehicle in the 300 block of Vicken Close, Parksville, was reported rummaged through on May 10th. Reported missing was a shoulder purse with gold zippers, Kate Spade rectangle cream coloured wallet containing credit cards, US cash, a cheque book, as well as a baseball helmet and kickboxing gloves.
27) .File 2019-4742: Police were called to the 100 block of Beachside Drive, Parksville, On May 11th, by a report of an abandoned boat trailer in an overflow parking lot. Investigation revealed the plate on the trailer was reported lost/stolen last week and so the trailer was seized to locate owners of materials found which included rims and tires.
Please phone 9-1-1- If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.