1) File 2018-13106: On November 25, an observant resident reported they located an excavator off of the Claymore Forest Service Road, Qualicum Beach. RCMP confirmed it was a stolen excavator via the VIN.
2) File 2018-13142: On November 26, police received a report about a theft of cart, described as a heavy duty yellow metal cart, mesh sides, black handle and black wheels with hubcaps from the 600 block Qualicum Road, Qualicum Beach.
3) File 2018-13154: On November 26, a school bus was stolen from the parking lot at 2300 block Alberni Hwy, Coombs. The bus was recovered a short time later in Nanaimo and the thief was arrested.
4) File 2018-13230: On November 29, an observant driver reported that a Nissan 350 with the driver side headlight out was traveling southbound in the northbound lane on the Island Hwy near the scales. The Nanaimo RCMP was advised and located the vehicle in Nanaimo near the Woodgrove Mall. The driver was found to be impaired and the passenger had an arrest warrant which was executed.
5) File 2018-13233: On November 29 police received a theft of fuel report from a commercial business on Valley Road, Parksville. All of the stationary equipment was checked and it was determined that approximately 100 litres of fuel had been syphoned.
6) File 2018-13234: On November 29, a business in the 1000 block of Resort Drive, Parksville, reported the theft of seven light up reindeer overnight. The reindeer are approx. 4 feet x 3 feet.
7) File 2018-13283: On November 30, Oceanside RCMP received a complaint that someone had stolen a 5 X 10 Aluminum Utility Trailer from a business in the 1300 block Alberni Hwy, Parksville.
8) File 2018-13254: On November 30, RCMP responded to a report of a theft from a business in the 1100 block of Resort Drive, Parksville. Sometime overnight someone stole a carousel horse with lights from the front lawn of the business. This was one of 3 thefts of Christmas decorations from Resort Way.
9) File 2018-13330: On December 1, Oceanside RCMP issued a violation ticket under s.81 (1)(a) CCLA during a Light Up The Highway check stop on Inland Hwy, Nanoose Bay. This was as a result of police detecting the odour of fresh marihuana inside the vehicle, and locating a baggie with approximately 20 grams inside the center console of the vehicle. The cannabis was accessible to the driver/sole occupant, and was not purchased from a federally approved producer.
10) File 2018-13331: On December 1, during an impaired driving road check on Highway 19 near the Nanoose rest area, police stopped a vehicle and the driver showed signs of impairment by alcohol. After a roadside test yielded a fail, the vehicle was impounded and the driver served with a 90 day Immediate Roadside Prohibition.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:40 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers.