1) File 17-8464 September 15. A resident of Village Way in Qualicum Beach awoke to find his motorcycle had been stolen sometime overnight from his carport. Nanaimo RCMP later found the motorcycle in their jurisdiction and arrangements were made to return it to the owner.
2) File 17-8513 September 16. A vehicle was broken into over the previous night in the dirt parking lot beside the Beachclub Resort in Parksville. A window was smashed by the suspect and once inside they stole a GPS, car charger and an emergency kit.
3) File 17-8513 September 16. A patron of the Bayside Quality Resort returned to her vehicle to find her purse missing. She called to cancel her credit cards and was notified that there had already been several purchases made on the cards.
4) File 17-8563 September 18. An employee from Rathtrevor Park reported that over the previous evening, the coin operated Sani Dump machines had been smashed open. The thief then stole all the change from inside the machines.
5) File 17-8579 September 18. Staff from Errington Elementary School advised the police that over the weekend unknown people had driven ATV’s on the school field doing burnouts and causing significant damages to the fields.
6) File 17-8569 September 19. Report received that the solar panel from the speed indication sign on Despard Avenue had been stolen. The solar panel is black with a silver frame and is 2 feet by 4 feet in size.
7) File 17-8600 September 19. A report of a theft was received from a resident of the 2100 block of Morello Road in Nanoose. Stolen was a 7 horsepower, Honda brand fire pump that was being used for irrigation.
8) File 17-8662 On September 21 at 9:55 a.m., Oceanside RCMP Crime Reduction Members located a pickup truck and suspicious driver on Martindale Road in Parksville. Upon investigation, it was determined the truck had been stolen out of the Comox Valley in late July. The driver of the truck, a 26 year old Parksville man was arrested. A search of the truck was conducted and break and entry tools, suspected stolen tools, knives, a pellet gun and suspected methamphetamine were seized.
9) File17-8679 September 21 at 3:45 p.m., a report of a male shooting up drugs in the male washroom of Parksville City Hall was received. Police attended to speak to the male, who was now in the adjacent public park. The suspect was advised that he was under arrest for Possession, and ran to escape lawful custody. A foot chase ensued before the suspect was arrested.