Safety Message from the Oceanside RCMP
Tips for safe winter driving:
- Don’t drive under the influence
- Pack an emergency kit
- Learn and practice winter driving techniques before you need them.
- Plan your trip and tell your friends & family. Check road and weather conditions.
- Remove all snow from your vehicle before each trip.
- Give yourself extra travel time in bad weather.
- Avoid using overdrive and cruise control on slippery roads.
- Travel with a fully charged cell phone for emergency situations.
- SLOW DOWN and WEAR your seatbelt.