1) File 2018-11347: October 6th: Resident reported a break and enter into their storage locker at 1700 block Country Road, Qualicum Beach. Event occurred sometime overnight and thieves took a number of items including a generator, TV and flooring.
Twelve combination Speed Watch and Cell Watch deployments were made by Oceanside Community Safety's Community Watch during the month of September, 2018. Of 24.480 vehicles checked, 564 or 2.5% were traveling at more than 10 km/h over the posted speed limit with the highest deviation being 75 km/h in a 30 km/h zone. 264 drivers were observed doing some form of distracted driving.
Oceanside Community Safety's Community Watch performed ten deployments in September, 2018 dedicated to the Cell Watch program. Of 5976 drivers observed, 98 were misbehaving.
1) File 2018-11028: September 27th: Reported to the Oceanside RCMP that their bike was stolen from their work around 800 block Island Hwy W, Parksville. Surveillance video captured a male.
2) File 2018-11061: September 28th: Reported a possible fraud and stolen credit card at a business located 2200 block Alberni Hwy, Coombs.
1) File 2018-10708: September 19, Oceanside RCMP received a complaint a male had just smashed the window of a business on the 100 block of Weld St, Parksville.
Have you taken the Drive Smart Refresher Test yet? A passing mark is 80%, can you do it? According to ICBC, of the first 45,000 tests taken 40% have resulted in a fail.
Give it a try, you might be surprised!
1) File 2018-10442: On September 9th, a door alarm was triggered at a business in the 100 block of Craig St, Parksville. Police attended and found the front door lock damaged and the door was unsecured. Merchandise scattered all over the floor at the store front and the restricted back room.
1) File 2018-10119 September 3rd, Resident reported that in the last 24-48 hours, their white 2007 Honda CRV125 motorcycle was stolen from outside of their house, located on Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach.