On average, there is a child who has died from exposure after being left unattended in a vehicle, every year. One wonders how this tragedy could happen?
Cars can get hot very quickly. A study by General Motors of Canada found that within 20 minutes in a previously air conditioned small car exposed to the sun on a 25C day exceeded 50C within 40 minutes.
Recently a mother recounted what happened to her. Luckily, her story had a happy ending.
Here are some tips to help prevent a child from unknowingly being left in a vehicle: