1) File 18-7388 July 7, a theft was reported that occurred the night prior at 6 p.m., in front of the Shopper’s Drug Mart in Parksville. A young man had parked his bike at that location in order to attend work. An unknown male took both tires off the bicycle and stole them. They are described as 27.5 inch Maxxis brand mountain bike tires. They have disks on them and are valued at $500 to replace.
1) File 2018-7096 July 1, a break and enter with a theft was reported at a residence under construction located at the 1700 Block of Sea Ridge Drive in Nanoose Bay. Contractors arrived at the home discovering that someone had broken the lock on the plywood tool shed and stolen a jobsite stereo, laser level and a drill set.
1) File 18-6221 June 13, early in the morning hours a male suspect attempted to break into a restaurant on Resort Drive in Parksville. The male who could not be identified, tried to pry the door open on the business at 1:30 and 4:30 a.m. The business was fortunately equipped with a high quality door that the suspect could not penetrate.
1) 2018-5753 June 2, RCMP received a report of a break, enter and theft from a storage shed at a residence in the 2000 block of Island Hwy E, Nanoose Bay.
1) File 18-5001 On May 17 at 7:00 a.m, a resident called to report a break and enter to his home on Matuka Drive in Nanoose Bay. The man returned home to find a man running from his residence and his house ransacked. The area was flooded with police and an RCMP K9 unit was brought in. The suspect was arrested a short time later and as suspected was the same man responsible for a robbery, stealing a vehicle and ramming police in the days prior.
1) File 18-4385 May 2. A homeowner from the 1200 block of Smithers Road called to report that he awoke to find items including a floor jack had been stolen from his carport.
1) File 18-3595 April 12, the Oceanside RCMP received a reported theft of two 10ft x 10ft white tents and chairs stolen from Craig Street and Butler Avenue in Parksville.
1) File 18-3209 On April 2, a residential break and entry was reported by the owner of a rural property at the 3000 block of Matthew Road in Nanoose. Upon examination of the property, RCMP noted that it appeared the suspects had been at the home for some time while the owner was away for the evening. Every room in the house was ransacked along with a shed, outbuildings and even a boat on the property.
1) File 18-2255 On March 8 at 12:30 a.m., a man witnessed a suspect male in his yard breaking into his car in the 100 block of Harlech Road, in Qualicum Beach. The suspect who was reportedly wearing an orange ball cap (no other description) was startled and fled. Stolen was a black Apple Ipad 2.
1) File 18-1679 February 19, a contractor reported a theft of tools that were left unattended briefly beside an apartment complex on Moilliet Street in Parksville. When he returned all of his falling tools ($2500) were gone. These included chainsaws, climbing gear, ropes etc.