1) File 2018-1379 On the morning of February 9, a Nanoose Bay Recreational Vehicle (RV) Business owner realized that he was targeted by thieves the night prior. Three separate RV’s had the doors pried open with TV’s being stolen from each one.
1) File 2018-731. On January 26, a resident of the Eaglecrest subdivision called to report that the mailboxes had been broken into on the 400 block of Yambury Avenue. As is normally the case with mail theft, it is unknown what was stolen and who was victimized as the amount of mail in the box is unknown.
1) File 17-10977 December 1, a theft was reported from the 3200 block of Melon Road in Qualicum Beach. A suspect had entered an unlocked travel trailer on the property and stolen a chain saw. The chainsaw is described as an orange, Husqvarna model number 365.
1) 2017-10358 On November 11, Oceanside RCMP received a report that 14 heavy duty batteries had been stolen from the train signal box near the Alberni Highway and Despard Ave in Parksville. The batteries are valued at approximately $7000 and have no specific identifying markings. The complainant stated a number of battery boxes all over Vancouver Island broken into in the past year.
1) File 17-10140 November 4, Registered Owner reported a theft from his vehicle parked at his home at 200 block Parklink Place, Parksville. The owner of vehicle forgot to lock his vehicle doors. Stolen from the vehicle was a cheap pair of sunglasses and approximately $25 in change. The incident occurred between 3 and 7 am.
1) File 2017-9811 On October 10, Oceanside RCMP received a complaint from a homeowner who stated, on October 22nd, 2017, he heard some banging on his property. He investigated and found a man in a grey Ford Ranger, Alberta plate BPG-9850, loading scrap lumber into the box. The male had climbed a fence and was tossing the wood into his truck.
1) File 17-8731 September 23. A few vehicles that had been left open overnight were entered on Morison Avenue in Parksville. Loose change, binoculars and other items left in plain view were stolen.
1) File 17-8464 September 15. A resident of Village Way in Qualicum Beach awoke to find his motorcycle had been stolen sometime overnight from his carport. Nanaimo RCMP later found the motorcycle in their jurisdiction and arrangements were made to return it to the owner.
1) File 17-8229 September 8, the Oceanside RCMP received a report from the Salvation Army in Parksville. During the previous evening suspects had loaded their truck docking bay with garbage. 2 suspects in a dark burgundy Dodge Durango truck attended the bay and 2 males wearing their hoodies drove up and emptied a large trailer load of garbage.
1) File 17-7404 August 17. 13 bundles of cedar shakes were reported stolen from the 1200 block of Pintail Drive, in Eaglecrest, Qualicum Beach. Fresh shoe prints could be seen in the construction sand around the residence.