1) 2018-5753 June 2, RCMP received a report of a break, enter and theft from a storage shed at a residence in the 2000 block of Island Hwy E, Nanoose Bay.
1) File 18-5001 On May 17 at 7:00 a.m, a resident called to report a break and enter to his home on Matuka Drive in Nanoose Bay. The man returned home to find a man running from his residence and his house ransacked. The area was flooded with police and an RCMP K9 unit was brought in. The suspect was arrested a short time later and as suspected was the same man responsible for a robbery, stealing a vehicle and ramming police in the days prior.
1) File 18-4385 May 2. A homeowner from the 1200 block of Smithers Road called to report that he awoke to find items including a floor jack had been stolen from his carport.
1) File 18-3595 April 12, the Oceanside RCMP received a reported theft of two 10ft x 10ft white tents and chairs stolen from Craig Street and Butler Avenue in Parksville.
1) File 18-3209 On April 2, a residential break and entry was reported by the owner of a rural property at the 3000 block of Matthew Road in Nanoose. Upon examination of the property, RCMP noted that it appeared the suspects had been at the home for some time while the owner was away for the evening. Every room in the house was ransacked along with a shed, outbuildings and even a boat on the property.
1) File 18-2255 On March 8 at 12:30 a.m., a man witnessed a suspect male in his yard breaking into his car in the 100 block of Harlech Road, in Qualicum Beach. The suspect who was reportedly wearing an orange ball cap (no other description) was startled and fled. Stolen was a black Apple Ipad 2.
1) File 18-1679 February 19, a contractor reported a theft of tools that were left unattended briefly beside an apartment complex on Moilliet Street in Parksville. When he returned all of his falling tools ($2500) were gone. These included chainsaws, climbing gear, ropes etc.
1) File 2018-1379 On the morning of February 9, a Nanoose Bay Recreational Vehicle (RV) Business owner realized that he was targeted by thieves the night prior. Three separate RV’s had the doors pried open with TV’s being stolen from each one.
1) File 2018-731. On January 26, a resident of the Eaglecrest subdivision called to report that the mailboxes had been broken into on the 400 block of Yambury Avenue. As is normally the case with mail theft, it is unknown what was stolen and who was victimized as the amount of mail in the box is unknown.
1) File 17-10977 December 1, a theft was reported from the 3200 block of Melon Road in Qualicum Beach. A suspect had entered an unlocked travel trailer on the property and stolen a chain saw. The chainsaw is described as an orange, Husqvarna model number 365.